So yesterday after going on and on about my struggles with painting, I said that I’d show so progression shots of developing the third painting I showed.
Remember, each of these was painting into the dark (meaning without a real plan — I just started painting to see what adventure it would take me on. I’m a sucker for the quest!)
Now, the one picture I wish I had for this painting that I don’t have is how the canvas actually started out. It wasn’t a fresh, white canvas. Rather, I had started a painting on it before. More specifically, I’d tried to do an airbrushed painting on it. I’ve never been happy with the results of my airbrush on these canvas boards. I much prefer Bristol Board and only for ACEO’s to do the airbrushing. Personal preference.
Anyway, it didn’t start off as a white canvas. I believe I had this blue sky, yellow ground thing going on. It disappeared quickly under the acrylic.
This is my first progression picture:
So I started putting weeds in the water and making a front row of bushes stand out. Oh, let’s not forget the moon.
If you look at the cardboard behind the canvas board, you will notice a color difference. This is because of the difference in the lighting in my office when these pictures were being taken. Different days, different times. Where I’m holding the camera in relative position to the canvas. They all make a difference. As a result, I’m not happy with how the color shifts, but that’s the breaks.
Then, I fleshed out the clouds, the weeds, and the water.
It really is pretty gorgeous all vanished up.
Thank you for letting me share with you!