Last week I showed the progression painting of the landscape I did which I mentioned I had started out on a canvas which I’d originally airbrushed on. Fortunately, I remembered to take progression pictures as I started this one. Here’s the actual canvas before I started painting:
Yeah, it’s not pretty. After sitting, probably for a year or more, it had gotten dirty, dusty, and scratched. I’ve cleaned it off pretty thoroughly before taking this picture. In fact, from the looks of the wavy lines on it, there might even be another coat of white acrylic paint beneath this one covering up another failed painting. I’ve got a few.
So, I start painting.
Here’s a shot of both of the paintings which were rescued from failure sitting together in their early stages:
Many times when I am painting, especially on smaller pieces, I have to put one aside for a few minutes to dry. While I’m waiting on that one, I start on another. Such was the case with these two. And actually, after I got to this state with them, I decided to let them both dry overnight so the paint would be well cured in case I needed to wipe newly applied paint off of them as I was adding layers.
I added the moon and began working on the bushes. Started developing the clouds too. I start planning some of the rock formations as well as where I want a pool of water to have gathered.
Next comes the rocks as well as touch-ups on the clouds. Little waterfalls between the rocks.
And then finally:
More paintings coming soon.